Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Glad to have been casting his attention in their direction, Alex follows their conversation from a distance with some interest. Although Siliani had turned to face the newcomer, if her body language was anything to go by, she did not seem affronted by the news of issues with the dark skinned ones. Possibly indicating a favourable response. He silently cursed himself for being so distant as he noticed something pass between the Drow and the Tiefling. Looking back to the centre of the amphitheatre so as to not be caught staring, Alex quickly tried to make a decision. To follow the Drow to try and integrate himself in the nobles good graces, or stick around to be seen in the coming planning.

Knowing that it was merely his curiosity that drove him to even consider following the Drow, Alex settled with staying here at the Forum. It would be more unseemly to disappear after offering his services, which would no doubt have a negative impact on the very reason he was considering the alternative. No, for now his curiosity would have to wait. If Selket had recommended being here, then he would stay till its conclusion. There may be other advantages to be gained yet from remaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kragg

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2017-08-10
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm

This whole thing was starting to get out of hand for Kragg. What he thought would be a simple thing to do while waiting for his next job has turned into a whole mess involving the shiny paladin, a drow woman with a tiefling that seemed familiar looking, and a rotund dwarf. Still, a royal order meant it was a royal job, which will hopefully mean a royal reward for them at the end. He gives a polite bow towards the king. "Kragg of Bad Wolf Bay will oblige, yer majesty." If the Baroness was around, he gives her a polite nod of recognition as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ares
Admin
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am

The Baroness gives Kraag a small nod of recognition.

Nalfein gives his own to Siliani. "Very well then, Lady d'Ivoreth," he says in parting, before disappearing once more into the crowd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://planeofterria.forumotion.com
Moira

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 am

Moira departs from Siliani's side, making her way through the crowd to where Sigismund is, but detouring just enough to pass by in front of Zaril.  She glances his way and gives a light, warm smile before heading on towards the shiny paladin of Apollo.  Best to play this simple for now, she had business to attend to if she wanted payment.  Hopefully there would be time to meet him proper at a later moment and learn what he might know.

As she made her way over to Sigismund, she did her best to make eye contact with Alex and Astra, motioning each with a movement of her hand as if to indicate she wanted their accompaniment as well.

"Sigismund of tha heavy armor." she greets, "Kragg of Bad Wolf Bay."

She pauses a moment, fumbling the ring over in her hand and then showing them the crest, "Siliani wants me ta talk with yas 'bout the comin' investigatin'.  An' with Gormadin an' Astra too." she adds, looking back over her shoulder in hopeful anticipation of their arrival.  "Issa place nearby ya wanna talk?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:28 am

Taking a deep breath Alex begins his approach through the crowd. He was well and truly committed now. At least it gave him an excuse to be away from the press of so many unwashed bodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kragg

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2017-08-10
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:33 am

Huh, now the tiefling sounds familiar too, Kragg ponders. "Do I know ye, lass? I feel like we've met before." He looks over to Sigismund with a grin. "I suppose ye be the capt'n of our little group then, eh? Ha ha! Well then, what be yer orders ser?" There's a hint of a glint in his eye. "An' more importantly, how will we be paid?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigismund

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2017-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Sigismund stares curiously at the Tiefling for several moments, noting the same things that Kragg had done. She did sound very familiar. Then it finally fell into place - the eyes, the cheekbones, and the manner of speech.

"Ah, Moira. It pleases me to know that my advice has served you well. I am certain we can find somewhere to speak once this is over."

He turns to Kragg. "We will go over such details soon. If this scion of d'Ivoreth is true to her word, I am certain we can find some way to compensate you for your time, but this is not the place to discuss such matters."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syreskala

avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 pm

"Excuse me." Syreskala approaches, from the place where Sigsimund and him had been standing, after taking in the information, with rahter blank eyes and face.

"I believe I've heard something about... a mission. Is muscle needed? That's all I can offer. Muscle. And blades. Maybe some arrows, and acid, and... my shield."

The dragonborn seems excited to do something, and just wants to jump into action, with his hand on Sig's shoulder.

"Now, Sigsimund, I am truly grateful for your help." His voice seems way less coarse than from the day they met. "Now, I must pay it back in some way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moira

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Moira smiles, "Aye, is me." she responds, her cheeks carrying a little bit of color against her otherwise pale skin, seeming to enjoy the fact for a moment that the two seemed to have difficulty identifying her, "One woulda think you is seeing lotsa tieflings?"

Moira greets Alex as he arrives, "An' Siliani personally asks for ya, Gormadin. She wan's a good scribe to help record all our talks an' activities. So we can review 'em laters."

Moira considers for a moment, thinking of places to meet, "Imma nah familiar 'nuff with all the places 'round town yet. But Siliani woulda ask tha' we see wha' be needed for this investigatin' so she can aid and make our efforts a success."

She looks at the dragonborn, then around at the crowd briefly before turning back to Sigismund, "Issa there an'one else we shoulda invite to come with us?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ares
Admin
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 pm

"We will talk compensation after any potential trouble is rooted out," a rather bejewled dwarf says, stepping forward to speak on behalf of the king to Kraag. The monarch gives him a nod, looking to Kraag to see if such will suffice for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://planeofterria.forumotion.com
Astra Lykos

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Astra stands near Sigismund, "I arrived at the tail end of the forum, But it seems there's important work that needs to be done." Astra looks around at the gathering in front of her, Acknowledging the ones she met previously with a gentle wave. "Quite a following that has assembled, what happens after this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zaril Erimos

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Zaril acknowledges the kings command before returning to his previous location to wait and see if any others would join the journey north. He suspected few would care to. As Moira passed Zaril returns her smile with one of his own keeping her in his peripheral for the time since his kind were a rare sight even in the large city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kragg

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2017-08-10
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Moira wrote:
Moira smiles, "Aye, is me." she responds, her cheeks carrying a little bit of color against her otherwise pale skin, seeming to enjoy the fact for a moment that the two seemed to have difficulty identifying her, "One woulda think you is seeing lotsa tieflings?"
Kragg looks to the tiefling, his eyes widening a bit with recognition and he grin. "Ha ha! Ye clean up pretty nicely there, lass! Hardly recognize ye from the mess ye were after last night's drinks, ha ha!" He then shrugs. "Met quite a few tieflings back home an' on me travels at sea. Decent enough lot, just tryin' ta get by, as we all do."

Ares wrote:
"We will talk compensation after any potential trouble is rooted out," a rather bejewled dwarf says, stepping forward to speak on behalf of the king to Kraag. The monarch gives him a nod, looking to Kraag to see if such will suffice for now.
Kragg looks to the dwarf, eyeing the jewels that decorated him so. "I suppose that be fair," he replies with a nod. "Are ye the one that would be dealin' such?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giorg

avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2017-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:32 am

While he'd volunteered himself, it seems it was down to Sigismund whether or not the bard would be brought along. He waits for such confirmation, while eyeing the others who seem to have been drawn into the investigation.

"I b'ready to lend a spear and shield if y'need it, Sigismund," he says. An'I h've a bad feeling y'll be needin'it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigismund

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2017-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 pm

It had been years since last he found himself tasked with solving a major problem. And much like the last time, it had unintentionally been left to him to lead the efforts.

It was nearly time to get to work. Turning to the Dragonborn, he smiled and slapped him on the shoulder. "I'd be honored to have you, friend. I cannot say where or when muscle may be needed, but I am certain it will come to that at some point."

Next, he responded to Astra.

"After this, Ms. Lykos, we get to work," he answered, turning to face her directly. "There are many questions in need of answers, and it is our task to find them."

Giorg had spoken, and so he nodded his affirmation. "I've no doubt you've talents other than with spears that will be most useful, my friend. Thank you."

He looked once more at the group which had assembled around him. It was an interesting team to lead. But with the right leadership, they could be quite the force to be reckoned with. He turned to Moira.

"I cannot think of anyone else at this time needing to be involved. Remind me, when did the scion of d'Ivoreth wish to meet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moira

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Moira responds to Sigismund's inquiry, "She has bus'ness. Imma to act on 'er behalf fer now. I canna fin' us a place ta talk nearbys. Siliani also issa welcomin' ya to dinner."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigismund

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2017-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm

"Very well then. Once this concludes, we should likely make our way to the temples to begin our investigations in earnest. Kragg, you were directed to move to the temple of Hades, correct?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kragg

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2017-08-10
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:36 pm

"Aye, 'tis where I planned to go next after this 'fore any of this happened."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moira

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 am

Moira catches a couple well dressed men walking past as they were preparing their exit from the market, discussing the course of the forums event, "Where mighta one go nearby for a private talkin'?"

The taller man, a full beard showing the first hints of grey points off in the direction of the noble district of town, "The Atlas' Reprieve isn't far, miss."

Moira nods in thanks and turns back to Sigismund, "Imma go fin' this Atlas' Reprieve.  We can talk details inna more private settin'.  Please bring any friends ya think willa help, Sigismund."

With that, Moira departs to find the nearby tavern and negotiate any details necessary to obtain a small room for the company to discuss plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum   

Back to top Go down
 
Day 2, Noon (Open) - The Public Forum
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Public Humiliation
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» Forum Game!
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)
» Summertime. (Open to All)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plane of Terria :: Merchant District :: Marketplace-
Jump to: