Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Siliani

Siliani

[Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves Empty
PostSubject: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Having moved to the docks district and finding a nice quiet corner of an inn to have a chat, Siliani sits across from the gentleman who claimed to have information that would be of interest to her people, which meant, of course, she had to listen. She was rather predictable like that. Having ordered a mug of half-decent ale, she sipped quietly at the mug.

"So. What is it you wished to discuss?"
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 7:09 am

An inn, even the quiet corner of one, was hardly the type of place Nalfein would have chosen for such a meeting to discuss what it is that he wanted to discuss with the eldest daughter of one of the drow houses. Too many prying ears, wandering eyes. His travels had taught him to be overly cautious.

Yet, that was what this woman was doing. She was wary of him, at least for the time being. Wariness was a good thing to have.

"Some information that I have discovered upon my travels working for King Steele. Since you have been tasked with a burden by the king, this information may help keep you or your allies alive." A pause. "What do you know about the High priestess of Hera, Lady Marellia of House Teken'duis?"
Back to top Go down
https://planeofterria.rpg-board.net
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 am

"Ambitious. Willing to prune her family tree. Oh, and the head priestess of Hera," Siliani replies.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 11:11 am

"Indeed. And she has left the house to undertake an 'important' mission. I think it may have something to do with this."

Nalfein reaches into his quiver, grasping something in his hand. A silvered chain dangles out from his closed fist. He opens it for but a second, before putting it back into his quiver of arrows. The object was a purple and silver pendant, almost scarab like in its appearance. However, for the brief almost 2 seconds Nalfein allows Siliana to gaze upon it, she would notice it was more detailed than a mere scarab. A spider.

"With this... with Lloth. The book I found on the old gods says the deity was once tied to our people, and it seems that deity may be an entity of some great evil. I tell you this so you act with caution when dealing with any of the members of her house. I... believe she may have something to do with the disappearance of Hallistra, her cousin and the woman I once served."
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Siliani looks at the spider amulet briefly, then huffs, "I've never been fond of spiders. Give me a fox any day of the week. They are so much more adorable and they are wonderful hunters."

She pauses, "Anyway. I was planning on treating her with caution either way. Any noble worthy of their title seeks to improve the world around them, not...pruning the family tree simply because others have ambitions."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 1:33 pm

"Good, she is both powerful and secretive. Suspect any less and you may be caught in her web before you realize. " A pause. "I'm rather fond of hawks myself," he says, leaning back in his chair and relaxing somewhat. His red eyes look down, then back up at the drow noblewoman.

"Of all the pleasures of the world and the flesh, flight can be the most seductive. Knowledge may be the most helpful. Is there anything you would ask of me? Better to be prepared before starting a hunt - you need to know what you're looking for before you find it."
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 4:01 pm

"Mmm. Yes. There is one thing. You said something about old gods and their symbols. Tell me. Is the symbol of the mailed fist clutching arrows used by one of those old cults?"
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 6:50 am

"Cults? I'd call them followers, crusaders even. These are the followers of Xyphon and his god Hextor, and that is his sigil."
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 2:00 pm

"...Joyful," Siliani quips, "Just what we need right now. A bunch of fools, crusading against lawful authority."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 4:40 pm

"Powerful fools. Dragons are nothing to underestimate, let alone 3 adult ones. My friends and I were lucky to get away from one of them."

A small, roguish smile appears on the drow's face. Part fearful, and part devil may care. "And now I will be sneaking through the lair of the most dangerous one of all..."
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Siliani sips her ale, "Power means nothing unless you can apply it properly, Nalfien. I do not underestimate them. But the path they choose marks them as fools."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 pm

"I agree with you, these people are mad men and zealots. And they believe they are in the right. They believe they fight for a just cause, against some slight we have caused them or our ancestors or the gods we may worship. Sometimes even the mad men come out on top in things. Its just up to people like us to insure that doesn't happen. We just have to be powerful and cunning."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves   [Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Afternoon, Closed/Private] A Chat Between Elves
Page 1 of 1