Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]

Go down 
+2
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare
Moira
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moira

Moira

How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] Empty
PostSubject: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 2:34 pm

A whirlwind of a day, that's the best way to describe the events thus far. For Moira it had involved a complete makeover and employment as well, but she was certain that everyone present was feeling much the same as her... a missing god... threats of war... dragons... warlords resurrecting some ancient god... it was a lot to get one's mind around.

A short walk from the forums brought the company to Atlas' Reprieve. After a short talk with the keep that involved the display of the ring of house d'Ivoreth, Moira secured a private room for the conversations that needed to take place.

The room itself was about 12' square, a large table with a dozen chairs appropriately positioned as the centerpiece of the room. Against a corner closest the door rested a small table with a simple assortment of beverages, fruits, and breads. The room was sparsely decorated, a few worn armaments adorned the walls that probably had historical significance to the right people.

Along one end of the room, sunlight dappled in through the pair of windows to supply the room with ample light.

Moira took a seat at the table such that she kept the windows in view and smiled politely to the company of people, each unique in their skills and walks no doubt, "Sigismund, Siliani asks tha' wha' provisions ya need, ya ask fer 'em. I hopes this will be okay place for us all ta talk? We canna discuss wha' is needed and wha' first steps to take in trackin' tha missin' god. An' then we canna present tha needs to Siliani atta dinner laters."

Moira then glances in the direction of Alex, "Gormadin, iffa ya please to write provision needs an' notes as we discuss?"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Nodding to Moira, Alex places his backpack by the wall and withdraws a worn leather scroll case. Gently unclasping the top, he withdraws a sheaf of parchment which he lays out towards the centre of the table. Separating out two sheets, he then lays the case protectively on the remaining pile, whilst neatly lining up sheets in front of him. From a pouch at his hip he withdraws a small vial of ink, a quill and a smaller pouch. Satisfied that everything had been placed in their dedicated areas, Alex finally takes his seat.

Unstopping the small vial and taking up the quill in hand, Alex looks to the assembling people with a smile and gives a small nod. He mentally prepared himself for the conversation ahead, settling into his role of scribe. This was not the time to voice his opinions, he would need to bite his tongue and blend in. Now was not the time to draw too much attention to himself, especially given the capable company.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm

The dwarf lingers near one of the corners, quiet and observant. A missing god was the kind of thing that made for the start of an epic tale, and what kind of bard would he be if he didn't involve himself in some way? Besides, the paladin likely needed help with this, and he volunteered.

Giorg didn't say much, but he did take a moment to look at who else was drawn into this. He glimpsed the drow lady earlier, but didn't get a good look. He intended to get an idea of the others present in this meeting, at least.

The prospect of dinner puts a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Astra looks at the spread of food and grabs an apple, she walks around the room with Randale on her right arm, looking at the different decorations. She passes by the dwarf giving him a passive glace. "Don't mind me, just looking around" . She stops at a part of the wall with mounts vacant for a decoration. She reaches up and attaches the shields handle to the wall. "Hmm, hows this Randale?"

The Randale looks around from his new wall perch. "better then the perspective I'm accustomed to."

Astra takes a empty seat near Moira and begins to eat her apple whilst waiting ready to give her attention to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 3:23 pm

"What provisions we might need could change drastically, depending upon how this situation turns out. I do not believe we shall have need of travel, at least at this juncture. But for the moment, this room will more than suffice for us to gather our bearings," he sighs heavily, putting his helm on the table and rubbing one of his begauntled fingers upon his temple.

"But I suppose I should begin by stating that this is not the only investigation I am working upon, and should my suspicions prove true, these two things are in fact related. In addition to discovering the fate of Poseidon, it is also my duty to uncover whatever information I can regarding the disappearance of Prince Roderik, and also the attempt on Lady Clara's life."

He sets both hands on the table. "To begin with, we will need to secure lodgings, as well as a safe place to speak. Or several safe spaces, possibly those with mystic wards in place if they are available. This space will suffice for the moment, but as our investigation proceeds, we will all need to be very careful about with whom we share the information we uncover."

"We will also need to begin compiling a list of everything we know. I have never been one to worship at the temples, so admittedly I am unfamiliar with what offerings might be appropriate to offer at any given temple. While we have been tasked to speak at the Hadean Temple, it may behoove us to seek out the wisdom of Athena as well - for what knowledge she herself does not possess, I am led to understand that she may know where to find it. So at the least we will need offerings for those two temples. Does anyone else have suggestions?"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Dipping his quill into the inkwell, Alex sets about making quick, neat and concise notes. Using some form of shorthand that presumably allows long words to be summarised into a few characters. Swift, but practically illegible.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 11:13 pm

"I coul'go to Hades' temple. Be odd of a dwarf not to pay respects t'the god o' the riches b'neath the earth," he volunteers. "But I don'know th'questions we need t'ask."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 am

"Shouldn't be too hard. Just gotta ask a priest ta check if Poseidon be among the dead." Kragg shrugs as he munches on an apple. "The real question be what ta do if he is. Or isn't."
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 am

"Tha' be if th'Lord o' th'Underworld answers. Be worryin'f he doesn't and worryin'f he does, really."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 1:48 pm

"Two questions whose answers lead to uncertainty, Shall I flip a coin?" Astra asks with a half joking half serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 3:55 pm

"If he is in fact among the dead, that answers a number of questions, as troubling as that may be. Though given his faithful do still appear to have their magics, I somehow doubt this is the case. If he is not among their numbers, then we should seek to ask if Hades - or their representative - might know anything about this situation. From there, I imagine Athena may be our next best bet, for she is knowledgeable of all things. We may even learn about those old gods which are attempting to rise up again."

He scratches his chin. "I wonder if the old gods are counted among the number in Hades' domain?"
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 5:42 pm

"Worth askin'. Might b'needin' a bit o' coin as offering," Giorg says, scratching his beard. "Or d'you folk offer somethin' diff'rent? I hear tell tha offerin's to Hades are diff'rent outside dwarven holds."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Kragg shrugs. "Never paid homage to Hades before. I usually offer a cask of wine ta Poseidon, dunno if it be what Hades might like as well."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 am

Moira listens, but doesn't speak up much, having not spent any time in temples this was really outside her scope of knowledge.

She finally adds to the conversation, "Iffa ya all want to go ta temples tonight, I canna take any supply requests ta Siliani. An' we canna meet back here in the mornin'? Share wha' we learn? Is there anythin' anyone needs?"

Moira glances about, waiting for something concrete she can bring back to Siliani.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 am

"More wine would be good, aye. Fer offerin', an' fer ourselves! Ha ha!" Kragg grins. "I can get the cask of wine for offerin' to th' gods meself."
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 am

"Back home, we burnt black animals in sacr'ficial pits if we weren't off'ring metals an' coins. Black birds, black cats, tha' sort o'thing."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:25 pm

"Do what must be done then," Sigismund nods. "I don't suppose you might also try to confirm if Prince Roderik may also be among those in Hades' domain? I imagine that is likely the case, but I have heard no official confirmation yet. Far as I am aware, it is merely presumed to be the case, as no body has been located."
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 pm

"Will do. Here's hopin' we ge' answers."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]   How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask] Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Track a God [D2, Afternoon, Ask]
Page 1 of 1