Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigismund

Sigismund

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 2:04 pm

When was the last time he had set foot in a town like this?

Sigismund of Stormhall had entered through the gate with little trouble - a Paladin of Apollo was still a Paladin, regardless of what stories preceded him. Having parted ways with his newfound companions, there was little question in his mind that they would likely cross paths again at some point. But for the time being, he had a singular goal in sight - to finally lie down in a real bed.

He was used to the stares by now. It came with the job description. Being a Paladin was more than just fighting against evil, more than standing up for what was right, more than apprehending criminals or righting injustices. It was to be a shining example of what people could be. To provide a measure of hope and comfort in dismal times.

So of course they stared. They always did. The man in the shiny silver armor always attracted attention, as it should - few men could claim to wear what he did, and fewer could claim to be a Paladin.

Ignoring the whispers, the staring, or the occasional pointing in his general direction, he walked into the Rosemaker's Pub, which advertised room and board in addition to a good meal and fine drink.

Everything he desired all in one place.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Rosemaker's Pub was not the usual type of haunting grounds for a man of Sisigmund's.... caliber. A joyous raucous could be heard from outside, even so early in the morning; it seemed like this was a place that never truly slept.

A few if the patrons sipped some ale gingerly to get a bit of the hair of the dogs that bit them, rather roguish and dark looking gentlemen were it not for their hangovers. Dice could be heard rolling over a wooden table, some lucky (and unlucky) gamblers beginning to test their fortune. The smell of greasy bacon, rare sausages, and freshly baked biscuits mingled with the joyous sounds of betting and drinking and general conversation.

At least, until the shining paladin of Apollo entered Rosemaker's, a reminder of the rising sun as well as the nature of the establishment. To slow to put away their dice without being noticed, the gamblers fumbled their tools and a coin purse spilled to the floor revealing some silver within. Two angry hungover gnomes, grasping each other by the collar of their shirts, began to suddenly pat each other on the head sheepishly.

The only thing in the dining area that kept moving was a shock of red hair behind the counter, bouncing too and fro as if it hadn't noticed a thing.
Back to top Go down
https://planeofterria.rpg-board.net
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:06 pm

So long as everyone was getting along, that was the important part. Finding a table next to a wall, he made sure to find a place to sit where his back was up against it as much as possible.

The pack slid off of his back, and met the floor. Removing his helmet, Sigismund for the first time in what felt like forever sat down in a chair. He took a moment to revel in this simple pleasure, even as he observed the feel of the room.

{Rolling Insight, 16+4=20}

There was something strange about the gamblers - not that this was much of a surprise. No stranger to dice games, he was well aware the sort of crowd that tended to gather for such things. While he had no intention of starting any trouble here, his duty would not allow him to simply ignore potential danger, and so he began to scrutinize the gamblers just a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 pm

They were both sweating nervously, scared and uncomfortable from the sight of that shining armor. The larger man gave the other a glance, that may have seemed more intimidating were he not so scared as well. It was an attempted look Sisigmund was likely familiar with- that of a bully.

Before he could take any further action or scrutiny, however,, he heard a rather airy brogue call out from the direction of the counter. "By Hermes, that clanking!" it said excitedly, a rather busty gnome woman with red hair emerging from behind the counter. "Brother Mort....on. Ah, forgive me sir knight."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm

The gamblers had done nothing wrong... yet. But the day was still quite young. He would be keeping an eye on those two. His attention turned to the gnomish woman, and he smiled in return.

"All is forgiven."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

"Ne'er seen a man with such immaculate armor before," the gnome replies with a twinkle in her eyes, looking the paladin up and down. Perhaps... for a bit too long. The gamblers go back to a plate of eggs and bacon, seemingly thinking they may have somehow escaped notice.

"I'm Daphne Rosemaker, good ser. Will ye be havin' some breakfast? Perchance some room and board, though I think if its the latter yer after you may be in the wrong place. Do ye kenn what I'm saying?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm

"Breakfast would be wonderful, miss Rosemaker," he responds with a kind smile. "Sigismund is my name, and unless my staying here would cause you undue trouble, I actually would like a room, if one happens to be available."

It was always important to give them a polite out. If there was no room - whether for him, or in general - that was fine. But it always paid to go out of your way just a little to ensure the innkeep could save face if need be.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Heavy boots prefaced the entry of a half-orc as he entered Rosemaker's Pub with a sack slung over his shoulder. His manner of dress (if you could even call it that) spoke of his occupation of sailor, though the whip and rapier at his sides make the half-orc seem a little more menacing. Yet the half-orc simply stands at the entrance, takes in a deep breath, then grins. "Ahhh... Good to be back in this city again! Did ye miss me, Rosemaker's Pub? Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 11:32 am

Rumor on the streets was that the Rosemaker's Pub was the place to meet people of interest, and as Moira turned the corner to a large half-orc blocking the entrance with his boisterous laughter, it seemed the locals were right on that front.

Saddled in her traveling cloak that covers most of her worn clothing, she considers for a moment of looking for a less prominent entrance, or at least one that no longer has every eye in the establishment likely looking in its direction.  However, she's here to try to make contacts and perhaps find something to entertain her, she reminds herself with a slightly nervous sigh.

She gently pulls back her hood, revealing her light grey skin, crimson hair and horns, and green eyes as she enters the pub once the half-orc finishes his grandstanding, looking about quickly at the various tables for a place to get off her feet... for a moment at least.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Astra stirs from her slumber on the table surrounded by empty mugs. She rubs her temple as she winces, muttering "I may have over did it ". She looks around and gives a slight wave to anyone who notices her, giving an extra glance at the man in silver armor. Astra approaches Sigismund and Daphne.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 pm

"breakfast coming right up, and of course we have rooms available good ser," Daphne courtsied. Upon the entrance of the infamous half orc pirate, she gave another broad smile towards the repeat customer.

"Ah, Kragg, good to se ye again. Take a seat, take a seat, we have some fresh eggs from the market this morn'." She then looks up to the hungover Astra, an apologetic nod soon following the glance. The tiefling she caught out of the corner of her gaze, but made no motion of welcoming until the young woman approached.

"Good mornin', milady," she said to Astra. "Me name's Daphne, Daphne Rosemaker. Will ye be havin' breakfast as well?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 pm

The paladin regarded the orcish sailor with suspicion. Sailors here in the capital? There was only one likely port of entry, and he was no fan of Bad Wolf Bay to say the least.

"Then in that case, Ms. Rosemaker, I would be happy to reserve a room. Thank you again," he says with a smile, watching some of the other newcomers enter the room. The demonic-looking female could be a threat. Or perhaps not. He would attempt to observe, for now.

It was around that time that the woman from across the room walked over. Mentally, he steeled himself for the conversation that was likely to come up, but said nothing until the woman had spoken first.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Astra gives her best smile she can muster at Sigismund and Daphne." Good morning I'm Astra Lykos well met.And yes, that sounds wonderful, I hope didn't cause any trouble last night, I tend to lose myself in ale sometimes". She joins Sigismund at the table. "Sir I don't think I've ever seen armor gleam like yours."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Sigismund relaxed ever so slightly. "I would expect not. Adamantine is rather difficult to come by, and as I understand, just as easily worked."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Daphne nods to Astra, but before moving back to the bar she stops and regards the Tiefling.

"Rare to see one such as yourself, milady- I've only met two tieflings in my lifetime and yer the second. Can I interest ye in some breakfast as well?" she asked Moira.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Moira considers a moment and nods, "I do believe food would be good."

"So you've met another like me?" She adds in curiosity, "It seems you indeed get quite the variety here. I bet you have plenty of tales you could tell."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 pm

"Breakfast for all then!" Daphne smiles, warm and welcoming as she returns to her work behind the counter. As she prepares plates of food for her guests, she continues to answer the Tiefling's questions.

"Aye, and he is a right fool and troublemaker too. But even fools can rise to the top it, seems. All ye need is a pretty song and a charmin' smile. No, not for me, I'm content with what I have." The new patrons would get the idea that Daphne is a bit of a Chatty Catherine at times.

"Aye, all kinds of folks milady. Yer hardly the oddest I've seen, despite my earlier comment. Everyone's got a tale, and I'm sure you have your own fair share."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Moira can't help but smile herself as Daphne talks about the other tiefling's charming smile, wondering to herself just what kind of foolish trouble he had gotten into in this place.

Moira shifts her weight in the chair to bring one leg up to cross over the other as she lays one arm along the back brace of her chair, causing the tip of her crimson tail to sneak out beneath the back end of her traveling cloak.

She watches Daphne work behind the counter, setting her traveling bag down between her feet with one now resting on top of the sack.

She takes a quick glance about the room again, catching a longer look at the one dressed in heavy armor as if trying to ascertain his intentions here... seemingly out of place, but perhaps his tale is odd as well. She shakes loose the thought from her mind and quietly awaits breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 pm

"Yer lookin' mighty fine yerself today, Miss Daphne. As cheerful as always! Ha ha! A meal and a room as usual fer me!" The half-orc moves to his own table with a boisterous laugh before taking a seat, placing his sack of belongings down on the floor beside him. He eyes the people around, with a hint of surprise upon seeing the shiny paladin. He cocks his head a bit and scratches his chin a bit, seemingly studying the man as he waits for his meal.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:29 am

It only takes a minute or two for Daphne to break each patron a decent portion of breakfast- eggs, sausages, bacon, and fresh bread and water. Of course, ale is also available for those who wish...
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 pm

"Thank Daphne, this smells delicious" Astra remarks as she receives her meal. She eats with the same vigor as someone who has been starving a day or two, After eating most of it she turns back to Sigismund. "Is that armor just for show or does it get any use?" Astra asks with a slightly scrutinizing stare.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:35 pm

"I use it every day," Sigismund chuckles, sipping on the ale which had been provided. "Not every battle needs fought with sword or bow, mind you. Sometimes, merely being in the right place at the right time is enough to win the day."

Glancing back over at the gamblers, he continued to eat with a huge smile on his face. "Ah, this was sorely missed. My name is Sigismund. I take it that you are a mercenary? Hoping to ply your trade here in the capital?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 pm

"Pardon me, I just can't stomach when I see a noble or some person prancing around in armor and they don't know the difference between a sword and their arse."

Astra polishes of her bacon and continues. "Maybe it's just me. But anyway, I'm not a mercenary I come from a outpost in the Terrian Mountains. We guard a pass that would allow easy passage into the Dionan territory from whatever lurks beyond the mountains." She finishes scraping the last of her breakfast into her mouth. "I'm looking for someone, that's why I'm here."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:08 pm

"Ah, I see. I cannot imagine any noble would ever deign to stoop so low as to grace this wonderful establishment themselves. The Terrian mountains are a difficult place to live, or so I have been told. You're quite a ways from home. Whoever it is you seek must be of great importance, I imagine."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:22 pm

"Living up there is a challenge sometimes, but it has turned me and my brothers into a hardy bunch. And as for the person I'm looking for, It's important for me to find him and bring him to justice. But alas, I have no leads and I'm unsure where to continue. I also suppose part of me wanted to see a big capital town."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next