Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Syreskala

Syreskala

So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] Empty
PostSubject: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm

As Syreskala walks through the city, amazed by its architecture, he finds himself in the City Watch's HQ. As an ex-soldier, the scaled one feels like this could be the perfect place. He wears a lether shoulderguard, with a strap through his chest and another over the opposite shoulder, with no shirt on. He is also wearing cloth pants, damaged by the long and unstopping travels around the continent.; his shield and axe strapped onto his back, along with his hammer and waraxe, which seem to magically fit, have surprisingly not caused any trouble. Yet.

It is time to start life anew, and maybe fetch himself a new job.

I wonder where those two have headed off to... maybe an inn. I'll have to look around later.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:48 pm

With the Dionan foreigners came the opportunity.... no, not just that. The duty to meet with and get to know the legendarily rare (at least, in Larendar) Dragonborn. Scions and brethren of the very beings that were now so rare in Terria. Learning of the deaths of many of the great chromatic dragons during his years of stufy often had brought a sadness to Lukas's heart, but stumbling upon a black scaled dragonborn so early in the Dionan's visits made him smile inspite of his pathos.

"Good morrow, honorable Dionan," Lukas called, saluting a greeting as his robes shifted in the chill of the morning air.
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:53 pm

The dragonborn seems happy to have found someone... welcoming in this city. Perhaps the person might be able to aid him in his travels. After all, as he has been taught in his school years; robes mean brains.

"Why hello. I did not expect to find someone welcoming here so soon."

He bows slightly, with a small grin, as he speaks back to the man, with his rugged voice, giving the impression that he is ancient.

"Pleasured to meet you. My name would be Syreskala Svartrygg. Not a noble, common mistake."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm

"Ah, but your manner - gait, posture, speech; they all imply favorable birth!" Lukas says with a smile intended to demonstrate humility. "I understand you empire is more of a meritocracy. Therefore your stationing here must lend creedence to my assumption."

The sorcerer gives a respectful bow. "Forgive my manners, Ser Syreskala. I am Lukas Fayden, court mage appointed to his grace King Steele."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 pm

"So another fancy one..." His manners have shifted slightly, with introductions out of the way.
"You seem to be rather interested in my kind. Ask away, mage."

As Syreskala says that, he moves slightly, and the iredescent property of his scales can be noticed.

"And don't worry about politics when talking to me; I'm a man of war."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 pm

"Ah, well if you mean to extend the courtesy..." Lukas says eagerly. "I have never seen one such as yourself. Is it true that you breath just as the ancient ones do?"

A follow up soon follows, without time to answer. "Not only that, but you are long lived as well yes? Much more so than the temporality of a human life."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Syreskala Looks at the man, and to anser the first question, spits a small quantity of acid, not harmful to his scales, and lets it fall onto the ground, making a small hole.

"Question one down. Now for the second one... we actually live about as long as humans. We just mature earlier. That gives off a certain illusion. Sorry to disappoint ya. Was it my voice and body?"
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Lukas chuckles in reply, both to the answer and the demonstration.

"Fascinating! And what other ways do the dragonborn take after their similarly colored, ancient cousins?"
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Syre seems surprised at the question, being that it's one rarely asked.

"Oh! Hum... the old wyrms, the ones who brought the beggining of my race, were creatures of scary power, and personalities. But they did breed my people into existance... so it IS a conflicted thought my kind asks itself almost constantly. Thank you for your curiosity."

The dragonborn then coughs, after having put that acid out. Little spits of corrosive liquid are thrown at the rocky floor, damaging it.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm

His background as an alchemist lended itself to a certain curiosity, as Lukas watched the acid dissolve the rock. If only I had brought some good vials with me, perhaps I could have asked for a sample...

Instead of doing so, he took to playing the diplomat. "So what brings you to Larendar, friend? Have you enjoyed our country thus far?"
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

The dragonborn, remembering his long days of travel across the land, replies.

"I have only spent a few hours inside the city itself, but the surrounding landscape is a sight to behold. Much different from the craggy landscape I come from. I do wish I could have seen the great coliseum and marvelous castle on the capital, but the outside comes first."

He stops to think a bit, and remembers the first question;

"Ah! And I'm here as part of my travels, across this long area we call land.Larendar is but a stop. A lenghty one, but a stop. I'm considering getting a job here, and maybe making that rest a little longer."

The dragonborn then coughs again, but no more acid comes out. I really have to find Sig again, and properly repay for his help...
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 pm

"Looking for work as a mercenary then? You're not with the other Dionan ambassadors? I would have taken one such as yourself for a bodyguard to a politician or diplomat."

A small smile plays on Lukas' lips. "Though, if what I hear of the Dionans is true then I'm sure they can protect themselves."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Syreskala looks around, a little confused.

"Oh. I... thought this was the embassy. Uh..."

His face goes from one of a great creature, from legends of yore, to a lost man, in the middle of an unknown land.

"I assume you know your way around the town... could you take me there?"
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

"Of course, as the court mage I am duty bound to be hospitable to any and all of my nation's visitors."

Lukas gives a soft shrug and pushes some of his red hair out of his eyes and behind an ear. "And not only that... it is the right thing to do. Come ser; I would be happy to help arrange potential employment as well should you require further assistance."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 pm

"Thank you, thank you! But... I am no noble, as I've said before. But those are merely details. Now, let's go. I'd like to start my day well."

The scaled one smirks, and follows the kind human, with his mind set on the future. His shield and weapons are rubbing against each other, its metal parts claging. At a quick glance, one could see that he wears a long string as a belt, on which two curious handaxes are secured, and carries a wooden stick, that bends slightly with his movements, on his back, alongside the weapons, which all are very ornate. This creature is armed to his teeth. Which are also dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:59 am

"You are not a knight, of course; my apologies Syreskala. I have heard that what Diona lacks in landed warriors they make up for with their soldiers' ferocity."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 pm

"No, not a soldier. Not anymore... I personally value actions over titles."

The dragonborn smiles again, and walks up to the human, waiting for his lead.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 10:31 am

"Then what do you wish to be? One often needs a destination to end their journey?" Lukas says as he leads the dragonborn forwards.
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 am

"Hum..."

The dragonborn takes his hand up to the chin, and carresses it with his fingers for a while, and then tells the human:

"You see, that is something I've yet to decide. I only wish for my muscle to be useful to those in need around me. And I'll work as hard as I can to make that true."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 12:11 pm

"There are plenty of people in need in this city, Syreskala. Anywhere where people mass, the strong tend to prey upon the weak." Lukas says this without sympathy, the words a certainty and stated matter of factly.

"Have you spoken with the Order of Apollo?"
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 2:23 pm

"Unfortunately, I have just gotten here. But if this Order might be of help or needing it at all,I would very much like to meet them."

Syre walks forth, closer to the human

"Now please, guide me."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 3:12 pm

"We've still a few moments; oddly enough, you ended up close to the paladin's barracks."

Lukas looks back over his shoulder towards the dragonborn. "Have you heard of Apollo's paladins?"
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 4:22 pm

"I don't wanna sound rude, but my travels have not yielded much information... or knowledge, in that regard. But if that is where I must go, so shall be."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 12:55 pm

"You may not have their divine powers, at least I think not," Lukas assumes, for the dragonborn wore no holy symbols that he was aware of.

"They are vigilant, virtuous, and fair. They will know where to put a good man where he ought be. My guess is city watch, if you ware willing... though there is surely bodyguard work that could be found as well."
Back to top Go down
Syreskala

Syreskala

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 4:49 pm

"Then to the city watch it is. I believe this is it...?"

He then turns back to the building he was facing before having met the human, scratching his head.

"Would you want to accompany me, or...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]   So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ...  [Day1, Morning, Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

So a black dragonborn walks into the City Watch HQ... [Day1, Morning, Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next