Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ares
Admin
Ares

Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 pm

Its name was Belohit of Azzagrat, or so it said. The demon had runes carved into, if the reports are true. I will admit I was away for the wedding, back home dealing with matter concerning the bay. They say it dissolved, seemingly returning to the Abyss, after it was slain by Krinklestein.
Back to top Go down
https://planeofterria.rpg-board.net
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm

She hadn't been at the wedding? Curious. It demanded some looking into, though not immediately. The Baroness had always been particular about things, at least to his understanding. But it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone else could verify her story at a later time.

Have we any idea what significance the runes may have held? A message, perhaps?

Another train of thought entered his mind as he began to run the current facts through. He would see what she had to say about this, and then ask about Krinklestein. Perhaps there was some other link that hadn't been considered.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

If I could have been there myself, I would have scrawled sketches of them down afterwards. Gotten to the bottom of things. Every time I've tried to get Krinklestein to speak with me, when I've heard through my channels he was back in the capital, he'd be gone by the time I could find him. Not even Johann could get anything out of him on my behalf. If anyone would know, it would be the man who kille dthe demon himself.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

So he was back in the capital. Yet he was taking great pains not to reach out to Wryn. Why?

An uncomfortable feeling washed over him.

What can you tell me of him? I know little else other than he is a spymaster. I am curious how he could have dispatched a demon without some magical or divine ability.

There were three distinct possibilities to explain the gnome's actions in the Paladin's mind, and all of them made him feel uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 am

He is very skilled, a man of purpose and conviction from my understanding. He knows how to employ both magic and subterfuge in equal parts... though he is far leass learned than I, she says a bit proudly.

I heard he arrived back in town with the King's Will, of all people - though Johann knows not where he is. Perhaps he will choose to show his face after the forum begins....
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

If he was aware of the forum, and has the kind of conviction you say, it seems quite likely then that there may be the chance of some plot afoot. I had wondered about this myself, in truth. Someone has already made an attempt on the princess' life, it is only logical that they would make such an attempt a second time.

He mulled the Baroness' words over a moment longer. Did he not go to Diona, as opposed to traveling with the King's Will? I am no cartographer, but that seems quite strange.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am

Who can say? The man does what he will, and he is a spy; perhaps his mission lead him in a different direction. I thought it odd as well, as last I heard Krinklestein was in Diona. Unfortunately, my husband was not... prudent enough to ask him.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

I am certain the truth will come to light soon enough. There was more he had wanted to say, but he elected not to waste the Baroness' considerably valuable time with idle musings. For the time, he had her ear, and he intended to make use of it as best he could while that remained the case.

Since I have been here, I have heard no end of strange stories. There is one I heard just last night I thought might be of interest to you: there is a rumor that Poseidon has gone missing. There are talks that he may have been charmed, possessed, or something worse. Normally, I would dismiss such a story, but in light of recent events, it seems all too strange to ignore.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 am

Poseidon? Missing? I have heard no news of such, have you consulted with his priests? Or.... perhaps the Veshi know something. They came here by boat not long ago, they would know if something strange is going on in the seas. From where did you hear this?
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:44 am

From a sailor, just returned from Bad Wolf Bay. He claimed that when he gazed into the pool at the temple, an Elven woman beseeched his assistance, as none of Posiedon's servants were in a position to be of assistance. He was asked to visit the Temple of Hades, to see if perhaps the god had been vanquished. Given that he only recently arrived from the bay, I can only imagine that this must have been quite recent, if indeed the truth.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 am

This is troubling news. I would suggest you bring it before his majesty during the forum, perhaps someone else knows something.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Perhaps I will, should the opportunity present itself. The last thing I would wish to do is to start a panic, and a public setting is perhaps the best setting with which to accomplish such a thing.

He begins to scan the room again, seeing if he could recognize anyone else at the gathering, now that he was speaking with the Baroness. Speaking of the King's Will, I am reminded of another question. Why were they dispatched at a time such as this? I would have thought they would be needed close to home, given the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 pm

To find out if the northern barbarians have anything to do with our winged neighbor to the east. Where they stand. Things are more dire than we initially thought; and I only tell you this because of your station as a paladin. The warlord Xyphon's ideals do not align with ours, and he has a trio of Bleiterghast's spawn in his midst. We will have trouble very soon.

Maybe it was only because he stuck out like a sore thumb, but Sigsimund would notice a tall, slender drow elf walking by. His white hair spilled out from behind his hood and cowl.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 pm

If that is the case... then it would seem they have the most motive. If they covet our lands, it stands to reason they would desire to destabilize both our kingdoms. Perhaps even for the dragon's benefit. One as old and powerful as that would have good cause to disrupt both our kingdoms' security.

He pauses the thought as the Drow walks past.

Who is the Drow Elf? I thought they rarely ever left their woods.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:45 pm

A fair deduction, one I'm inclined to agree with. Such reasoning could sway the course of events considerably. Sigismund would notice Staceene look back in the paladin's direction, her eyes following the drow.

Nalfein, a member of the King's Will. It is true that they are secretive and scheming compared to their fair skinned brethren, but interesting times call for interesting occurrences. Or so they say.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 pm

I've heard little of him, but at least I have a face to go with the name now. I'm sure King Steele has his reasons for keeping one such as him among his ranks... as you say, interesting times.

Have you had much occasion to deal with him?
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Well, he does work with my husband. I know him well enough... as well as he will allow. They say he murdered the Lady of his house, as he was found in her room covered in her blood. Yet no body was discovered...

Staceene smiled smugly. Now he works for his majesty to earn some kind of notion of redemption, or something of that sort. I saw him and the way he spoke when Wryn questioned him and through him in jail. He loved the lady he served. And we could never do such a thing to the people we care for, could we Sigismund of Stormhall?
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 pm

So the Baroness had been present during Wryn's inquiry. Idly, he wondered just how far her influence extended.

I think we both well know the answer to that question. One cannot betray those they truly care for. Was that an admission of guilt, he wondered idly? And even if it was, would it matter? Would anyone care if she had murdered her own father?

It sounded as though there was a great deal unknown regarding the Drow's history, but he was loathe to re-open a case that had long been closed. There was no good in dwelling on the past, he knew quite well from experience. The matter had been settled, and it seemed the King was rather adamant in not letting the truth of such matters prevent one from serving him.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Knowingly, anyways... Well. You have everything I know about the matter of the demons. Any further questions before the procession gets moving?
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 2:32 pm

No, I believe that will suffice, unless you have anything else to add that might be useful. I thank you for your time and patience in this.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Of course, and good luck in your investigation, was all she said before the telepathic link was severed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]   Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Wolf's Den [D2, Morning, Ask]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2